Saturday, October 11, 2008

Shy

Today I felt a little shy ... actually A LOT shy. I went for another Raya do this evening. I seem to be attending a lot of Raya events this year. But I digress. So I attended this Raya open house, not expecting it to be a BIG open house but that's what it turned out to be. And I digress again. Well, the hostess is another former student of mine, Tasha Q. When I got there with Jeremy, there wer quite a number of others from her batch there. I felt really shy then. All my little babies have all grown into pretty women. On top of that, I couldn't remember half of them, their names, I mean. Some faces were familiar but others were blurry to me. I was dumbstruck and just didn't know what to say. I had enterred unfamiliar territory. Honestly, I didn't know what to say or do. I'm just thankful I had Jeremy to keep me company and to distract me a bit. Tasha was more than gracious, but she was busy attending to her guests. Come to think of it, I doubt I have actually taught Tasha. It was a strange feeling.
So, to my current students, when you see me say 5 years down the line, do not be surprised that your normally very vocal and seemingly strong-minded teacher can be a quiet little mouse.

No comments: