Thursday, July 23, 2009

Today ... a date with the OG, and a dinner with old friends

I was going to write about our date with the OG who is a good friend but dangerous enemy. But my dear friend has already blogged about it, so I decided not to. Suffice to say that if I were to mention only good things, I would have only 2 things to talk about : the singing and the props. End of story!
This evening I met up with some old friends, my formers classmates back in Kampar. One of them was in town for a few days with her husband and son. She is now based in HK so it was a rare occasion indeed, meeting up with her. What I found funny was that she really could not recognise me. She had no inkling who I was, for the first 10 minutes! Frankly, since we had not met since we left Form 5, I didn't blame her. We were not in the same class in secondary school, but we were together for 3 years in primary school. It was good catching up. We all had a good time updating one another and sharing news about other friends. Through it all, I realized that I did not know my friends that well. Maybe that was because I lived far away from school whereas they lived near school. I never did get to go out with them and get to know them apart from school-related matters.
So for those of you still studying, take time to know your friends while you're in school. Once you leave, you might not meet again for 10, 20 or 30 years!!!

2 comments:

Tobiyama said...

Dear Kakak Christina,

Wah . . . I get free publicity here hah~

Xie Xie, Xie Xie~ ;)

Nah, here's two links to Jaclyn's rendition of Gemilang back in 2006, 20th Anugerah Juara Lagu. I arranged the choir part & singing at the left most back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bMkGC25R7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoJ8jdgp3ws


And here's something different:

http://findars.blogspot.com/2009/07/improv-lab.html

Yours Sincerely,
Adik Melvin~ ;p

Chris said...

Hahaha to adik Melvin. Thanks. I have watched one of the clips from youtube already. Will check out the others later. Btw you can add me on msn if you like. Frisha has my msn address!