Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sisterhood

I am currently reading Chicken Soup for the Sister's Soul 2. I have got to about 1/3 of the book. One thing I must say, I have no idea what it means to have a sister. And I have no idea what it means to be a sister. Psedo-biologically speaking, that is.
You see I have no other sibling that I know of, biologically. If you have read one of my first blog entries in my old blog, you would know I am adopted. I do know that I have biological siblings. But I have never met them. I don't know who they are. So I do not know what it means to have biological siblings. On top of that I am adopted and I still have no adoptive siblings. So ... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A SISTER! So why did I buy that book?
Answer : Because it only cost me rm5.90!!! LOL!
Well, back to the topic of sisterhood ... though I don't know what it means to be a sister and not having any sisters, I DO KNOW ABOUT SISTERHOOD!
I am very fortunate to have known many girls / ladies ... womenfolk who are like sisters to me. I have had friends from way back in primary school who were extremely close to me. We shared many things about ourselves, some very private matters included. Some of these friends who were like sisters to me, are still in my circle of friends. We keep in touch and show what it means to have a sisterhood that withstood the test of time.
I have some very close sisters who are my sisters-in-Christ. We are fellow Christians who share many aspects of our lives. We support one another, we pray for one another, we are physically there for one another. We are indeed like sisters.
At times I feel lonely, because I have known no sibling. I was never given the chance to be a real sister, not even to the one and only brother I could have had. But I give thanks that I have had many other sisters, and I have had the chance to be a sister to many others. Unfortunately, my boys will never have a sister.

No comments: