Saturday, June 13, 2009

Maturity

I am glad to know that amongst those whom I have criticized for their lack of responsibility and commitment, there are those who have the kind of maturity that I am proud of. I am glad for the few who have committed themselves to what they have planned. Some have sacrificed a lot fo time and personal interests to do what they are supposed to do. This holiday has not been much of a holiday to some people. They have turned up in school for days for various reasons. And one thing I am sure of is this : IF YOU LOVE WHAT YOU DO, IT DOESN'T BECOME A CHORE! For that reason alone, you will be responsible for whatever duty you have been given. You will make sure no one is unfairly victimized by you in any way (like when you are not around and that affects the team as a whole). You will ensure that if something urgent has come up, you will inform the people concerned beforehand ... WITH SINCERE APOLOGIES! You will not so easily promise and break that promise. And most importantly, you will give it your all .... well, as much as you can give anyway.
Yes I am talking about maturity in thinking, in personality. I give credit to some of you who have been mature enough to view things from various points, and not just jump into conclusions or be judgemental. It is very easy to give lip service when you're not involved. Unfortunately, this is not the case with people who are running out of time and there is an urgency to do what is needed. I am thankful for the young lady who has designed the graphics for the poster in the one night we talked about it. I am also thankful for the few young ladies who have helped with the little time left to do the poster. Thanks also to those who have been helping in various ways, and finding out that some people are VERY difficult to please. Thanks for your patience. Thanks to some people who have been working hard to make sure the things they do come out tops. Lastly, thanks to all those who are truly working with the spirit of the school in their hearts. And I am not just talking about the drama. Go figure it out yourself if you fit into the descriptions above.
On a different note, I'd just like to mention that I love being where I am. Yes I complain and all, but I love what I do and I love being where I am ... not just specifically but also generally. For some of you who constantly complain about things ... the system, the leaders, the administrators, the guardians, etc ... do not think that the grass is always greener on the other side. Very often, it is not.
And finally, I have to say this to a colleague .... soon to be ex-colleague : Farewell, and I hope that you will adjust well in your new school. Bring the flame of your enthusiasm there, and don't let anyone douse that flame. Your absence here will be felt and it will be challenging to fill that void.

No comments: