Monday, March 19, 2012

It has been approved

My application for unpaid leave has been approved. With that approval in hand, I decided it was time to let the cat out of the bag. I finally told my students. I have been so afraid to tell them, fearing all sorts of responses. But they are real troopers. They cried, they asked why, they asked me not to go. But they took it in their stride and I just know, they will recover and life will go on for them. And they will be fine. It was hard for me too, because they are also my babies, people I have been grooming, encouraging, bringing up, loving. Even if they do not love me in return, I know I have loved them a lot and I have done what I could with them. As much as they thought I have been good for them, they too have been good for me. And I know I have the next 4 months or so to continue loving them and doing my best for them. Then, it is time to let go. And letting go will be so so so hard.