Saturday, August 1, 2009

I need to get out of this rut - and I will

The last few weeks I found myself in a rut. It was not something I could do much about. I just felt down and was probably wallowing in an almost self-pity pile of mud. Then I realised something. No one else can get me out of this except myself. So I am going to hold on to the rope that has been thrown to me and I am going to pull myself out of here. This is not the kind of place I want to be for a long time. I am going to shake off the mud and I am going to clean myself up and get going with all the things that need doing.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Ruts are tricky things. Sounds like you're taking steps to get yourself out (and I loved the picture of your new dog in a later post. So cute!). Try taking a look at YOU UNSTUCK. The author has a great action plan to get you out of that rut and on your way to a better life. For example, for those who are having money issues, the book helps you see your money mindset in a whole new way - you learn destructive financial patterns and then replace them with a simple process to help you overcome negative tendencies in just a short period of time. There's advice to help with relationships, career, the stress of life. YOu can make real change if you overcome limiting assumptions and undermining behaviors. Take a look, and good luck.