Saturday, February 28, 2009

I miss them too


Those wonderful girls I have been working with (and working on) for several years ... I miss them too. Some of them have been coming to me lamenting that I am no longer their advisor. Esp now that it is sports season and they are worked to the limit. They have been getting the brunt of some people's anger and it is tough on them. For the last few years, they have been getting very positive impression from other people and everyone expects them to know what they're doing, and to do them well. Unfortunately, the change in leadership has not been something very good for them and they are facing difficult times in the work they do. Some have been complaining to me and some have expressed their sadness and disappontment at how things are going. All I can say is ... be patient, try to work things out as A TEAM. That is the only way to get the group going in unison.
And I feel sad. The group I have grown to love and respect seems to be falling apart. I don't want that to happen. I cannot bear to see it happen. Is there anything I can to do prevent it from falling apart? I hope so. And I hope someone else will also intervene so that I do not have to butt in.

No comments: