Sunday, October 25, 2009

Two from Galilee

Tonight I was at the Panggung Bandaraya with some colleagues and students. To say the performance was awesome would be stretching it. However, I would say that it was an enjoyable show, performed rather well by The Canticle Singers. The singing was generally good and more than made up for the acting that was not particularly convincing. Nevertheless, it was a good performance overall. I hope the students learned to appreciate some of the issues in the play. For example, relationship, love, expectations, traditions, faith. I hope the students were able to see beyond the names of the characters and the background of the story. Certain scenes were touching and they reflect some values that are universal, regardless of our faiths and beliefs. And one nice thing was I met with one of the cast members who was a student of mine some 12 years ago.

No comments: