Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Majlis Restu 2009

We had our Majlis Restu for this year yesterday. Last year, I expressed my thoughts about the one held last year for the PMR students. This year, the difference is that the session was held for both the PMR and the SPM students. Oh and for the STPM students as well. Unlike last year, this year the celebration time (makan time) was held for all the candidates regardless of race and religion. Although the Muslim students had their Majlis Restu in the Surau on their own, and the non-Muslim students had theirs in the hall, everyone came together after that at the gallery and had their meals together. It was nice to see everyone coming together then. This is one step towards perhaps having a combined Majlis Restu one day. I can hope, can't I?
I have photos but they are all in my phone still.
There are two people I must thank here. To Justin and Jessica, kudos to the both of you for rising to the challenge that I pretty much threw at you: to be the MCs during the MR, and also to conduct the whole session in BM. I know...you could have done it in English, but you did not argue when I said to do it in BM. Both of you did a splendid job. And THANKS for agreeing to do it in the first place. You proved to us all that you had it in you!!!! My only regret was not being able to say farewell before you left.
Once again, thanks to the speakers for coming to SA to encourage our students and to pray for them. Thanks Pastor Aaron Tham, Mr Lim Teik Leong, Mr Lakhbir Singh and Mr Parthiban Ramachandran.

No comments: