Thursday, May 26, 2011

Teacher's Day 2011

I am writing about this the day before SA actually has its celebration. Tomorrow, we will be having the usual : speeches, games, mini concert. Throw in a fair amount of eating and the usual gift-giving, and that is about what we will have. If I do not sound like I am eagerly waiting for it, well, I am not. This year's celebration just doesn't feel like something I am thrilled to have. I don't really know why. Maybe it's because I have so much to do, and my mind is just not focused on any celebration.
Too many things to do : marking exam papers, planning lessons, website for the English panel, cheer season stuff. On top of that, I have been unwell. Nothing big but I have been coughing badly for over a week. Joel, who started coughing first, recovered, but is now getting it back. The maid, too, has the same problem. Jon and Jeremy both are having exams. Well, Jeremy's have finished. Jon has one more subject to go.
So it is probably not surprising that I have not been in the mood to celebrate. I just want to finish marking my papers, and then enjoy my trip with the ladies in about 10 days.
I just hope that I do not get too moody tomorrow.

1 comment:

cikgu zainal said...

never ever postpone teachers' day celebration. it gets cold. :)