Thursday, July 1, 2010

Weighed down but not out

The phrase "down and out" for me is non-existent. I am down but NOT out. I am swamped with plenty to do. I have come to the stage where I need to hide so that people do not pile work on me and interrupt whatever work I am trying to complete. It has been tiring trying to do what I do and doing them well. I am still struggling. I do feel guilty that I am late in handing in some work. And I do feel bad that I am not up to expectations. But as I keep reminding myself, and those who care to listen, I AM NOT A MACHINE. I cannot work 24/7 and I cannot do without rest. I cannot always be expected to work on Saturdays when most civil servants don't, at all. So I am trying to chill and not be overly stressed.
The month of July is extremely busy for me. I hope and pray that I will be able to survive unscathed. I need help and I hope those who can, will help.

No comments: