Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Like a mother's heart that was swelling with pride

Cheer 2010 has come and gone. The days, nay, weeks leading to it was maddening. There was so much to do, and there were dramas all around. Not only did my girls have to practise and perfect their routine, we all had to go round seeling tshirts and making sure we don't make a loss. I personally had plenty to do as well, coordinating various things and making sure the squad accounts is properly kept. Enough about me, it's not about me.
Much as I want to write about all that happened during the two days, I will not. What I will do is to state how proud I was with my girls. To have come to the championship and score 3 different awards, and just missing on another two awards, it was unbelievable. Getting Top 5 was something we only dared to hope. When it turned into a reality, we could only cry and be thankful that we had braved the storms on the way there. I don't know about them, but I am grateful for all the help and encouragement we have had. I am especially grateful for some friends who have been there to help me keep my sanity in the midst of the busy work schedule and deadlines. They are also the same ones who actually turned up during the competition with their children in tow. Love you lots, ladies. I am also grateful for some parents who have played a role in helping the team. They have done all that I could ever ask for. Thanks, ladies, and some gentelmen too. Thanks, to the coaches who have spent their time and energy to train the girls. Yes, we pay them, but they were instrumental in bringing the team's spirit up and their skills much improved. Thanks, to a group of people who are often not seen as important, but they really are. These are the reserves. They are part of the team. They were around to stand in every time some others were unable to be there. Personally, I'd like to thank my wonderful colleague who is my "partner-in-crime" as advisor. She may be quiet and not as gregarious as me, but she does a splendid job organizing things and doing all the necessary work that I am terrible at - like paper work!
Most of all, I thank ALL the girls themselves, for giving me the opportunity to be associated with a team of winners - national cheer dance champions, and 5th placing in Cheer 2010. All the tears and hard work have been worth it. I said I'd see you at the top, and we are there. Now, to prepare for the next year, that's another chapter of the story.

No comments: