Sunday, May 2, 2010

SOX Celcom Drum and Dance

Today was supposed to be a rest day, one of those public holidays we have. But as things go, I was in Taylor's University College Lakeside Campus instead for the competition mentioned above.
Since it was the regional heats, we have to compete to qualify for the Finals on 5th June.
Baby Starz did quite well, although they had encountered numerous problems in the week or so leading to today. I shall refrain from ranting about some people and their attitudes but ... well, there were plenty of those. And to give credit when it is deserved, I think the girls did a good job and held their own against more experienced competitors. Kudos.
D*starz managed to qualify for the Finals. In the process, there were moments of panic and hair-pulling moments. I shall not elaborate, but suffice to say that in spite of the major infractions, we still made it. Of course, it would have been good to be without the problem that occurred but, no point looking back and pointing fingers to blame people. I am proud though, that Meetra went on with the routine in spite of the "malfunction". Very professional. Hmmm. I don't think the "malfunction" has ever happened in a competition before, not here anyway.
So that's my Labour Day ... tiring but ... I'm looking forward to 5th June.

No comments: