Monday, December 28, 2009

Back from Penang

We are all back from Penang. Kids and I were there from Wednesday to Sunday. It was a tiring and stressful holiday. Whole trip started on Tuesday with me driving the 3 kids up to Ipoh where we stayed overnight at my uncle's house. Hubby had left for work in Ipoh and then Penang on Monday. So I had to drive. Thankfully, kids were well-behaved.
On Wednesday we drove up to Penang. Once again, kids were good. They did not make any trouble other than the occasional "Are we there yet?". In Penang, we stayed at my in laws' house. Hubby was staying in a hotel until Christmas morning. I know. Ridiculous, right? Guess how upset I was .... But having spent money on a gift for myself and billing it to hubby almost made up for it.
Anyway, we managed to spend some time here and there. There was a Christmas party for children. Christmas service was a tiring and stressful one. It was hot and tiring because kids kept getting me to carry and entertain them. Food was, of course, the order of the day for the few days. We ate almost everything that Penang is famous for. Even Joel enjoyed the assam laksa. Oh well.
Nothing much to say about Penang. Key words were "TIRED" and "STRESSFUL". Well, we came back on Sunday. Hubby drove with Jon. I drove with Jeremy and Joel. 5 hours plus. Very tiring. And the traffic was also heavy so we had to drive slowly. Thankfully Jeremy slept about 2 hours. Joel was okay. He didn't sleep but had a bit of food here and there and just looked out the window for the scenery.
There is les than a week to go before we're back to school. I dread it, and welcome it. I know. Full of contradictions. Will post some more when I am in the mood for it.

No comments: