Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Shanghai - our new home

 On 12th August, we left home early in the morning to KLIA and our flight was at 9am. We arrived in Pudong Airport at about 2:15pm and we then proceeded to have lunch at Burger King. After that we took 2 taxis and came back to our home for the next 2 years in Shanghai.

 This is at the lobby of our apartment. Nice big piece of art there, and it is air-conditioned too. This was necessary seeing that the weather in Shanghai in August is sunny and HOT!

 In our apartment, the boys have to find things to do to amuse themselves. So far they have been contented with the books we have sent over, and playing with the Ipad. Thankfully we have an 'ayi' who comes in to do some cleaning on some days. That's her in the background.

These two pictures are taken just outside the compound. Yes, it is called Xiang Mei Garden and actually there are 3 phases of XMG, I think.


 More pictures in the apartment, in the living room. It is bright most of the time and at times we just need to close the curtains because the sunlight shining in makes the place warm.

 This is 21st August, and we have just gone to YCIS Regency Park to sort out some things.

 This photo is taken on the same day, in YCIS Century Park as we were there to attend the orientation and barbecue.

 My two older boys are getting ready for their first day in school. They woke up real early to get ready. 
 Waiting for the bus outside the compound.
Here's the school bus! Buckle up and get ready to leave.

How do I feel about everything? I am scared. I am worried that I will not be able to manage the children and their schedule. I am afraid that money might become an issue as I don't work and I simply dislike asking for money from hubs. I am not sure if I will have friends here.
Thankfully, many things have gone real well. For that, I am grateful to God for overseeing everything for us. We wouldn't have been able to do everything ourselves.

2 comments:

cikgu zainal said...

your apartment really look spacious and comfortable. the kids will adapt to the new surrounding real soon, no worries chris.

Chris said...

Yes, they will adapt. They are a lot more resilient than we give them credit for.